Sunday 28 February 2010

Good online link for Carnap on metametaphysics!

---- JLS
for the Carnap Corner



----- I AM PLEASED that I THINK I'm 'guiding' if that's the word, Jones towards the use of 'metaphilosophy'. In any case, here is 'meta-metaphyics', and it has a good essay, which I'll have to analyse in some more detail on 'ontological pluralism'. I arrived at it via googling for "Austinian Carnapian", and the Austinian glee is there alright!


Metametaphysics: new essays on the foundations of ontology - Google Books ResultDavid John Chalmers, David Manley, Ryan Wasserman - 2009 - Philosophy - 529 pages
... by shrugging it off with Carnapian tolerance for many different answers, or by insisting with Austinian glee that the answer is laughably trivial''.14 ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0199546002...

No comments:

Post a Comment